Where the Grass is Greener

    follow me on Twitter

    07 May 2007

    Freo Pubs - the (drunken) tale begins

    We seemed (somehow) to miraculously keep consuming much alcohol over the week. Our first pub stop was to Little Creatures Brewery.I'm slightly confused as to where Freo ends and Perth begins, so I'm not entirely clear where Little Creatures is... But the stuff you can see in the background are boats, as we were right on the water.

    Confusion aside - we had some lovely pints at Little Creatures and some scrumptious food to boot. I do enjoy a good pub lunch. Particularly one that includes deep fried potatoes.

    We followed this visit by a quick trip to the beach to sober up a little, then eat gelato (mine was peanut butter).


    Another thing I enjoy is pub dinners. This is what we got at Clancy's (definitely in Freo) where we had a yummy seafood platter thingy. Of course we weren't only there to sample to seafood - we had several (plus one) pints - Wils Pils. We laughed a lot, got caught in the rain, saw an imitation Tim Winton (who was a dance machine) and were told the 'Goddess was strong within us' by a random woman.

    We also posed for several ridiculous photos, although I'd best not publish too many for fear of my gals!
    This shows variations on the classic 'hide your double chin' pose - Alby and myself are demonstrating the 'stick your chin forward' method, whereas Lan and Sherdie are subscribing to the 'put something under your chin' method.

    A good way to use this second version of chin hiding, perhaps a little less obviously than demonstrated by Lan and Sherdie, is the 'stick your chin on the shoulder of the person in front of you'. A great one for Thelma and Louise shots - just don't tell the other person what you are doing, as it doesn't work when you both try to put your chin on each other's shoulders.

    As the night wore on, and the beer became more infused with our blood, the poses became more, um, over the top. Here, Alby and I are demonstrating our totally awesome DJ-ing skills. I was probably singing very loudly too, I'm assuming, as this is usually the case for me even when I'm sober.

    3 Comments:

    • The Goddess thanks you for not posting all of the photos.

      By Blogger Sherd, at 1:58 pm  

    • mwah ha ha! Mixing it up baby...

      I love my local & now the goddess will always be strong there..

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:34 pm  

    • PS Creatures is definitely big Freo territory, fiercely so.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:36 pm  

    Post a Comment



    << Home