Where the Grass is Greener

    follow me on Twitter

    07 May 2007

    Car Trip to Gracetown and Margaret River

    I really don't like car trips. A childhood full of vomit inducing drives has soured such adventures for me. I often wonder whether it is just psychological when I'm going on highway trips, as it is the windy roads (as in curvy, not blowy) that really get to me. However, every now and then a short trip in the wrong seat can make me feel crapola. If I'm sitting in the front seat, or in the middle in the back, I can see where I'm going and don't seem to suffer so much.
    After picking up a hire car and stuffing it full of linen and clothes, we drove from Freo to Gracetown (near Margaret River) with plans to visit many wineries. It rained and was windy (as in blowy, not curvy) most of the way there, but thanks to the front seat and some smooth driving by the gals, I was feeling fine.
    We arrived at Gracetown to find we were staying in a marvellous beach house on top of the hill.

    This pic is from the house on our last day in Gracetown. There seems to be some meteorological rule that if the weather has been rainy, cloudy and cold during your stay it will always be beautiful on the day you leave.

    1 Comments:

    Post a Comment



    << Home