Where the Grass is Greener

    follow me on Twitter

    27 February 2009

    twitchy, backward bending knees

    i have been feeling like i was finally getting into the exercise routine - water aerobic, boot camp, gym session and daily walks each week. my knees have always been a bit of trouble (hurrah for growing spurts in puberty!) but hadn't been sore since winter. coincidentally they stopped being sore when we stopped walking the dogs (waaaay too cold at 6am in Melbs). in an attempt to further the exerciseyness we started wlakign again in January - but the morning walks seem to have made my knees angry.

    i bit the bullet last night and went and had some physio for my knees. lots of massaging and pushing my kneecaps around (in my undies cos my pants didn't rollup high enough, v awkward). i had a weird electrical treatment in which i had two currents running through my leg and i had to turn up the electricity as i got used to it. lots of twitching muscles and very very strange feeling.

    now i have exercises to do and anti-inflam cream to rub in, another appointment on Monday night and hopefully i can go to boot camp on Tuesday. sigh.

    also apparently i have hyper extended knees - they go back too far. so as well as having lopsided knee caps and inflamed joints, i apprently have backwards knees like a bird. humph.

    1 Comments:

    • Poor limpy girl! Knees are such silly things. But I guess they're kinda useful. Hope yours behave themselves now they know that electrocution is a possible punishment.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:01 pm  

    Post a Comment



    << Home