Where the Grass is Greener

    follow me on Twitter

    13 October 2008

    Hard core peppermint tea drinking

    I feel like I've just had a long weekend - I suppose the feeling comes from having busy evenings leading up to the weekend. Also I'm totally exhausted (but mostly because I'm still getting over working my last ever weekend the week before). The ever lovely Anna flew down late on Wednesday night, and we got the week off to a rock 'n roll style start by having a peppermint tea and going to bed. Hard core. I guess that's the problem when you are both early to bed kind of girls. (^_^)

    Thursday morning saw us breakfasting on Lygon St before I went to work at the Museum. Anna was going to spend the day touristing around the city and going to the gallery. I was late for my meeting because the shop was having a sale and I got caught up buying lovely things I hadn't known I'd needed before they became super cheap. After the meeting I decided to do a little bit of my new job before heading back across the river... half an hour later I realised I was now late for a meeting that started 5mins ago and it would take me about half an hour to get there. Ah me. Doing two jobs at once is a challenge.

    After work I met Anna in the city and we headed for home - I was hosting craft night with the regular girls and some invited guests. Much crafting, Thai food and cake eating ensued.

    Friday was my last day at Old Job. I was pretty disappointed when I realised that my boss had not organised a farewell on any level and didn't even do that thing awkward one-on-one thing where they try to thank you for wasting the last two years of your life working stupid hours and for being totally awesome in your job. Humph. Even though technically I'm only going to another campus for twelve months, as long as I don't hate New Job I know I'll be able to stay in it and don't really intend on coming back. When people go on holidays for more than a month we do them a farewell party, and what do I get? Well, I took my gel wrist pads for my new desk, but seeing as it is the same organisation that doesn't really count as being given anything does it?

    Thankfully my teammate had organised after work drinkies and we had $2 pots at the pub. I managed to not get too drunk so was very proud of myself. Husband and Anna managed to trek over the river to meet up with us for dinner and banana fritters (and more beer) so that was very nice!

    I awoke on Saturday morning tired, very thirsty, but not headachy. A trip to the markets followed by Anna and I going shopping with the Infamous 12yr Old on Brunswick St, followed by Anna and I going to Blondies in Clifton Hill, then going to a cafe and eating way too awesomely cheesy pizza, a scrumptious cupcake and then being too full to eat the donut we had also purchased in our haste to attempt to not impulse buy everything at the cafe because it looked so yummy.

    We had a lazy crafternoon and then go dressed up to go out. We decided a little cocktail at the Atrium Bar (35th floor of the Sofitel) would stimulate our appetites (we were still full from the cafe). mmmm, strawberry-licious! We were right, it did wonders! We wandered to China Town for tepanyaki and then realised it was almost 9pm - a very late dinner for two early bed girls! We ate slowly so managed to eat all the food as well as drinking a bottle of champers.

    A shot of icy vanilla vodka when we got home rounded out the evening.

    In true hard core style we also had a peppermint tea.

    Sunday morning we had a big breakfast and then went back to do the rest of Brunswick St. We tried on just about every hat at Scally and Trombone. I love hats! I just wish I had somewhere to wear them regularly and could justify spending that much on them.

    Then it was off to the airport to say goodbye for a few weeks (reunion so soon! how will I become fit, rich and famous in three weeks? eek!). I crashed out on the couch reading for the rest of the day - I'm too obsessed with my book at the moment.

    Today I'm at New Job. It is quiet. You can't hear kids screaming. My boss isn't here so it is just me sitting doing what I think is my job. My chair is uncomfortable. I'm wondering if I can ask to bring old chair to new desk? I've got two monitors. Weird. I'm starting to worry about how much work I'm about to have cram in and learn as I go.

    Well, I think I'm just going to have to hold my breath, shut my eyes and jump in (and hope that the water isn't shallow).

    Maybe I'll make a cuppa first... peppermint tea anyone?

    1 Comments:

    • Don't worry sweetie, I've seen you swim, you'll do great.
      And why would you want to be fit rich and famous when your already beautiful, intelligent and a domestic goddess, not to many deities working at Vic museums.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:36 pm  

    Post a Comment



    << Home