Where the Grass is Greener

    follow me on Twitter

    05 January 2007

    Microbes can be your friends

    I'm sitting here at my desk, earlier than expected because every other lucky bastard is still on hollidays so ther's no one on the roads. Ordinarily the 45mins leading up to 9am would be quite lonely, but today I have four very special friends with me: Halitosis, Mono, Flesh Eating Disease and Head Lice.

    Yes, Melbourne has been treating me well...

    Actually these four little guys were part of my farewell gift from Questacon when I left Canberra, and I thought what better place to have them then at my new (much more fun) job to keep me company on early mornings! They are 1,000,000 times the size of the real microbes (well, except the head lice, cos that would be totally scary) and are so soft and squishy!

    I'm not sure which shops stock these little guys other than at Questy, but you can order them through a lovely company from the States called Educational Innovations which have the best sciencey toys. Delivery is only a few weeks, just don't spend over $300 in one order or it gets caught up at customs.

    1 Comments:

    • I notice that Christmas has been and gone and there were none of these under my tree saying "To Sherdie from Miff". Why is this? Hmmmm?

      I mean, education for third world communities is well and good but it doesn't look anywhere near as cute sitting on my computer.


      In other news, hurry up and get back to your desk and email me.

      By Blogger Sherd, at 11:17 am  

    Post a Comment



    << Home