Where the Grass is Greener

    follow me on Twitter

    03 December 2006

    Miff in Brisvegas - Girl Meets City

    A very dear friend of mine, Sherdie, set me up on a blind date with Brisvegas over the weekend. I was nervous about meeting Brisvegas (was Brisvegas a Brisvegan? What would we eat?) so Sherdie kindly came along as my chaperone.

    Thursday night saw us meet Brisvegas in West End, for dinner at an Indian restaurant. THe waiter tried to take our order twice - firstly at the appropriate time (that being when we'd arrived) and secondly after we'd eaten our meals, our plates cleared and our wine almost finished. Despite explaining that we'd already eaten, he kindly brought us fresh plates. Again we explained we'd already eaten and were in fact preparing to leave, and sent him on his confused little way.

    So far, the date was going well. Sherdie played her role well, telling me interesting facts about Brisvegas that would interest me and open up opportunities for conversation. I know how badly she wanted us to get along, as she harbours (not very secret) desires for Brisvegas and I to hook up a little more permanently, and for me to make yet another interstate move.

    The wine at dinner had relaxed my nerves about this first (and important) meeting with this city so I was happy to kick on at Sherdie's lovely little one-beddy and drink home brew. Brisvegas brought a lovely atmosphere of cool breezes, which was very soothing!

    A drunken stumble back to my hotel and the first date came to a successful end.

    2 Comments:

    • Brisvegas liked you! Brisvegas thinks you should spend more time here.

      By Blogger Sherd, at 2:31 pm  

    • Sherdie, what have I told you about boasting to southerners about how good Brisvegas is? Next thing, they'll all want to live here!

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:52 pm  

    Post a Comment



    << Home