Where the Grass is Greener

    follow me on Twitter

    15 June 2007

    How old is my house?

    I've been curious to find out how old my house is. In Canberra a house was old if it was built in the 1970s (no really!) and my mother had suggested our house was probably built in the 1920s. This seems terribly old - almost 90! - so I thought I'd do a bit of research.

    Turns out the history of my suburb is actually on Wiki. Wiki tells me (and you have to believe it if its on Wiki) that Preston was first founded on about 1850, but really boomed in the 1920s when the train and tram lines we connected through. Who knew my mother would be right (considering she grew up in Preston I suppose I should have believed...)!

    It is so odd/nice to be living in a city with history (that doesn't involve political scandal).

    Turns out my local football team (VFL) are the Northern Bullants. Go team!

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment



    << Home