Where the Grass is Greener

    follow me on Twitter

    13 October 2007

    Blistered thumb and sore fingertips

    How do guitarists keep their fingers from dropping off? Everytime I have a little guitar session I seem to end up with tender fingertips and a blister on my thumb from strumming. I try to use a pick but sometimes that makes it too loud to sing with.

    There also seems to be a correlation between how drunk I am and how damaged my hands are the next day.

    Suffice to say my fingers are very sore and I'm still drinking lots of water this evening.

    At least I had company last night - although husband is not musically inclined (other than listening to a lot of it) his bestie had a little sing with me and his brother was happy to get on the microphone and break it down old skool style. No really. Dear god we were pissed. And probably loud. And I tried to play ukelele which took way too much concentration.

    Anyway, I'm enjoying having dad's leccy guitar and amp down in Melbs now. Once I've got some batteries for the wah wah peddle there'll be no holding me back!

    2 Comments:

    • Sounds like a fun night. I bet your neighbours are way happy you have an amp now!

      By Blogger Sherd, at 8:58 pm  

    • Rock on Baby!

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:57 pm  

    Post a Comment



    << Home