Where the Grass is Greener

    follow me on Twitter

    11 September 2007

    Cinderella moment

    Once upon a time in a Kingdom far, far away (well, south of the border)...

    I had to buy some new knee high stockings because my dogs had managed to play tug-of-war with all my others. Not that this is exciting news for anyone, but sometimes you need some back story.

    The new stockings are much silkier and slipperier (is that a word?) than my old ones, which meant that as I came upstairs to work this morning I kept leaving my shoes on the stairs.

    Felt very Cinderella, although my size 10 clod hoppers aren't exactly crystal slippers.

    I sat at my desk singing 'One day my prince will come' for a bit, looking around for small birdies to sit on my shoulders before realising that was probably a Snow White thing and nothing to do with retrieving shoes, and more about eating bad fruit.

    No fairy godmother and no Prince Charming appeared so I was forced to go and retrieve the shoes myself.

    What is the world coming to when a Princess has to retrieve her own shoes from the stairs where they fell off because her stockings were too slippery?

    2 Comments:

    • I love you Miffalicious.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:05 pm  

    • If you keep leaving them behind I may have to come and steal them, size 10 clod hoppers suit me just fine...crystal or no..

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:24 pm  

    Post a Comment



    << Home