Where the Grass is Greener

    follow me on Twitter

    08 August 2007

    Burnin' down the house

    Last night the church from my old primary school in Canberra burnt down. see here. Although I'm not a practising Catholic, it is sad to think of this beautiful building being burnt out. So many times we had school masses and I'd sit staring at the stained glass making pictures in it.

    Husband is convinced we were slightly brainwashed as children because every time we drove past the school church I'd burst into some random church song. I think this says more about me loving music (and the sound of my own voice) than brainwashing - I would parallel it with remembering random themes songs from TV shows or ads from when I was little (Astro Boy anyone?).

    Anyways, just wanted to give a small nod to a building in which I spent time in over many years(all be it not necessarily by choice) that holds some nice memories.

    1 Comments:

    • Jeez I hate the headlines of news stories, you would assume that the father was bashed in connection with the fire but no, no, it was 3 years ago. But obviously still current. Hope he wasn't trying to forget the incident, seems it's connected to everything that's been happening since...

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:53 pm  

    Post a Comment



    << Home