Where the Grass is Greener

    follow me on Twitter

    10 July 2007

    Dancing in the mall with strangers and my new handbag

    Yesterday I had a weird experience in the mall. Here I was, strolling along, proudly toting my new handbag (merci maman!), pleasantly relaxed because I wasn't at work and had just had a massage. I had a series of a about three people almost run into me in a row, and each time we both did that thing where you decide to go around each other on the same side, then both go the other way, and then again, coming to a stop, finally make eye contact and you both realise you're doing the weird 'get past a stranger' dance and negotiate who is going where and mumbling sorry through a bit of a giggle.

    Although not unusual for this to happen, it happened about three times within one minute.

    I think it was because I was trying to watch people to see if they were checking out my new fabulous handbag, rather than paying attention to where I was walking. But where were the other people looking? They didn't have fabulous handbags to distract them! My new purse doesn't quite fit in, but what price beauty?

    3 Comments:

    • they were TOTALLY checking out your new handbag - it rocks! The move to Melb gains another point...

      I had a slightly similar situation when I first got my fabulous lime green crocs (from fabulous women of course)(& before crocs got huge), it took me a while to work out why everyone was staring at my feet.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:31 pm  

    • That handbag is teh kewl! (not enough to move to Melbs for though, please note, Miss Al)

      Plus, Beans is a cutie.

      Verification is stgimpy. I think this is Beans' real name.

      By Blogger Sherd, at 8:14 am  

    • ps I love what else is in this picture...lots of books, moving boxes, an empty wine glass & a full cup of still-infusing herbal tea. yep, it's your house miff.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:18 am  

    Post a Comment



    << Home