Where the Grass is Greener

    follow me on Twitter

    19 June 2007

    Tepanyaki

    I lurve China town, and I especially like to take visitors there. Saturday night we had tepanyaki (which none of us had done before). We shared our table with four drunken women, who were a little on the inexperienced side when it came to chopsticks (which is always cruelly entertaining). One managed to eat her whole meal without actually separating the wooden sticks - I was impressed.
    We were draped in paper bibs, and one of the courses was cooked prawn legs (which Lan is eating here).
    Natnou couldn't bring herself to eat her prawn legs. They were very crispy and kind of made me think of eating crunchy spiders. They were also uber prawn tasting.
    Also on the menu were mushrooms, beef, chicken, bean shoots and baby spinach. We had miso soup and sushi for entree and a yummy lemony icecream for dessert.

    2 Comments:

    • The cooking part of me can't help but find any culinary experience that involves a bib for personal protection a little wrong.
      Or maybe I don't like it due to my nerd like reflexes and an inability to catch.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:05 pm  

    • Jealous!

      By Blogger Sherd, at 9:26 pm  

    Post a Comment



    << Home