Where the Grass is Greener

    follow me on Twitter

    31 July 2007

    Fairy godmothering

    I had a lovely surprise visit from my fairy god-daughter, Cynthia (CJ), today. She (and her parents) were down in Melbs to introduce their southern family to Patricia (now 14 weeks old).
    Being the good fairy godmother that I am I had a box of Duplo (like giant Lego - did anyone else have that when they were a kid?), bags full of soft toys and lots of hats and treasures to put on and show off. I am also SUCH a good fairy godmother that I gave CJ several 'wizzy dizzies'* in the back yard, despite it making the two of us incredibly, um, dizzy (as the name implies).
    I love surprise visits, especially when it means I get to go to one of the Greek cake shops, stare longingly at the cases until they offer to just pick out cakes for me to save me the heart breaking decision of leaving some cakes behind. mmmm, cakes....
    Pictured here is Cat JK (aka 'mummy'), myself and CJ.
    Who knew it would be so hard to explain to a two year old what a Thelma and Louise photo is?
    It was lovely to have a cuddle with little Patricia, who is a very happy and wriggly baby. It was doubly lovely to see Cat JK and Euan again, even though I saw them at Rup & Bek's wedding it was nice to sit down with a caffeinated beverage, several sweet things and just chat. A lovely way to round off my Monday/Tuesday weekend.
    _________________
    * In my family a 'wizzy dizzy' is when a big person (usually my poor dad) held you by the hands an spun you round in the air. Not sure what everyone else calls them. Dear god it made me feel sick though. The older I get the easier I get dizzy and the less I like it.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment



    << Home