Where the Grass is Greener

    follow me on Twitter

    17 July 2007

    You Give Me Fever

    Not sure what it was that did give me a fever on Sunday night, but it was not welcome.

    Have you ever done that thing where you know you are about to get sick/suspect the milk is off/seen that the bread is mouldy but pretend that you haven't in case it isn't true? I went to bed at a nice reasonable 10.30pm on Sunday night and laid awake for about two hours. I was attributing this to having drunk too much tea throughout the day and was pretending that my joints weren't aching, because that would imply that I had a fever coming on. And having a fever just wasn't on my list of priorities for a Sunday night.

    Unfortunately I couldn't actually trick my immune system, so it did what it does best when it comes to things invading my body, and gave me a raging fever. Until about 4am. Well done team.*

    Husband said he had thought about telling me to go and take a panadol, but thinks he fell back to sleep instead of actually saying it. Never mind actually offering to get up and bring me panadol in my fever ravaged state! I thought about getting up and doing it myself but I was cold! So cold!

    The fever induced some bizarre dreams (more bizarre than normal anyways) such as tracking down kidnapped children using GPS in small dark sewer-like tunnels and finding them drugged and almost dead. Very comforting.

    Feeling much better now but am curious what could have set the fever off (or who?) and why I always get fevers in the middle of the night?


    ---------------
    * Not sure if I mean that sarcastically or not. I mean, yes, it is good that my body fought off infection, but really, is the wee hours of the morning a suitable time for this?

    1 Comments:

    • Poor sickie! I hate feverdreams, they're always so scary and random!

      By Blogger Sherd, at 7:50 pm  

    Post a Comment



    << Home