Where the Grass is Greener

    follow me on Twitter

    03 August 2007

    Driving the steam engine

    Last October I got to drive a small tractor and have a ride on the Cowley Steam Traction Engine (see here). Last weekend I was brave enough to actually drive the massive Cowley around the arena at work.

    Because it is so huge it has a lot of momentum, but it also goes very slowly. So as I was navigating my way around the outside of the arena, each time I'd come to a corner I felt like I was about to run into the fence - just very very slowly. It was a little bit scary just because of its enormity.

    My favourite bit was blowing the big whistle every time I went past a bunch of kidlets. I had many compliments afterwards on my whistle blowing skills.

    I love the random adventures I have here!

    1 Comments:

    • Heavy machinery is good.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:03 pm  

    Post a Comment



    << Home