Where the Grass is Greener

    follow me on Twitter

    17 July 2006

    Bastille Day Dinner

    Had a lovely dinner at a cousin AM's house on Friday with husband and sister, cousin DM and fiancee AF. In celebration of Bastille day we had French onion soup, beef burgundy, crepes and creme caramel.* Also forced my self to drink lots of red wine and champers. mmm, Moet & Chandon...

    Decided not to drive as it was raining and the roads were busy and I had no idea how to get to Carlton, also meant we could all have drinkies. We caught a cab (taxi driver got a bit lost so I'm glad I didn't drive!) which was pretty cheap - go team Melbourne!

    I had such a great night - good company, lots of laughs, beautiful food and a poor fat cat who nipped me because I didn't pat her right (obviously that didn't contribute to the 'great' part).


    --------------
    *I have a sneaking suspicion that AM just might be a perfectionist as she cooked two desserts in case we didn't like the first one. So we ate them both, hurrah!

    2 Comments:

    • Are you single Ian?

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:56 pm  

    • heh heh. Lan does make good desserts, it's true! But unfortunately there is already someone who gets to eat them.

      By Blogger Miff, at 11:00 am  

    Post a Comment



    << Home