Where the Grass is Greener

    follow me on Twitter

    28 February 2007

    Cocktails with the Rude Mechanical

    Started this post more than a week ago and forgot to finish it. So here it is - old news, but never mind!
    ------------------------------

    Saturday 24 Feb I received a surprise visit from the Rude Mechanical (previously one of the Tree Frog Carers, but they've managed to shirk that duty) who is currently touring schools in Victoria as a Mathamagician.

    I do enjoy having visitors from the 'Berra and showing them around my haunts. More challenging having a guy visit though, because usually I'd take visitors shoe shopping and to lovely, spunky and cute shops. He kindly followed me around Brunswick St as I went shopping for Lan and then we took a little trip to my work so he could check out the competition.

    We returned to Brunswick St sans car and went to a cocktail bar named Ginger. I'm a big fan of cocktails, and this bar had a huge menu full of them. I'm not all that good at making decisions at the best of times, so put my faith in the bar tender. I asked for something fruity, as long as there wasn't any melon flavour in it. "Don't worry babe, we don't stock Midori"

    So we ordered some tasty pizzas and settled in to drink out yummy cocktails. When a bar lets you run a tab, it can get too easy to just keep drinking because you don't really know how much you are spending. We managed to get out with only a $120 bill, which I was quite pleased with.

    It was one of those nights where you realise just how many people you know, and how many you don't actually keep in contact with anymore (sometimes for a good reason!). The Mechanical and I talked about almost every single person we've both worked with over the years - so many! I love gossip. It was a most enjoyable evening.

    1 Comments:

    • mmmmmm, yummy cocktails... a bar tab?... indeed sounds leathal

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:19 pm  

    Post a Comment



    << Home