Where the Grass is Greener

    follow me on Twitter

    16 February 2007

    Wedding Dress Revisted


    This week I got to do something that not many people get to do. I wore my wedding dress to work!

    Tuesday evening was the launch of a new exhibition, the theme of which was Academy Awards. It said dress to impress on the invite, so I did.

    Initially I was worried that I'd be too dressed up, and although (in my opinion) I had the best dress on, there were other gals in lovely formal gear too.

    It was a lot of fun, and I loved peoples' reactions when they complimented me on my dress and I'd reply that it was my wedding dress. I guess not many people expect red wedding dresses (with bustle and all). Lots of challenges with people stepping on bits of my little train (which I tried my hardest to hold up) but the dress isn't any worse off than it was after the wedding.

    I danced so much at our wedding that there's a small tear worn in the lining and the bottom of the dress. This doesn't really bother me as I had such a great time. Luckily it is red with black lining so that all the dirt doesn't show. Perhaps I should be more precious about my dress? I'd rather enjoy it though!

    4 Comments:

    • Nice piccy!

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:45 pm  

    • First time I have heard of anyone using there wedding dress again, bloody good idea.
      And tell simon to either get some pecs or chest hair.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:08 pm  

    • Pecs, preferably.

      I love that dress m'dear! Glad you got a chance to wear it again.

      Which reminds me... erm, this is probably not the best forum...

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:30 pm  

    • for what sherd?? share? damn internerd secrets.

      But it is by far the best wedding dress ever & the more times the world gets to see it the better. Beautiful creations like that shouldn't be locked away.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:42 pm  

    Post a Comment



    << Home