Where the Grass is Greener

    follow me on Twitter

    07 May 2007

    Sunset over the ocean

    Buggrit. I got carried away and have missed out on a couple of things, so now everything is out of order. Although it's only going to be Alby, Sherdie and Lan who will have realised this, so possibly this have been a waste of a sentence. Hmm.
    One of the things we did which was really very lovely was watch the sun set over the ocean - something I haven't done in living memory (that is, I'm sure I did it as a toddler when I lived in Perth) having spent most of my beach time on the eastern coast of Australia.

    We spent a lovely dusk on the beach at Cottesloe, with Rottnest Island on the horizon.
    The last time I was at Cottesloe Beach was when my dad had taken me there to burn off some energy when it was getting close to my brother being born (ah, the golden days when I was an only child!).
    So naturally a reversion to childhood was required, and we paddled with our pants rolled up, ran away from waves, had a handstand competition (although Lan is the only one who can still do handstands so she was the outright winner), and laid on the grass until the sun was gone.

    Close to sunset the skies suddenly filled with hundreds of lorakeets. They were so loud it was almost deafening.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment



    << Home