Where the Grass is Greener

    follow me on Twitter

    06 May 2008

    So you think you can botox

    Have been meaning to post this for a while, but our computer has been having sleepovers at the repair shop and I've only just reloaded the program to download pics from my phone...

    A woman I work with had a face lift last year - well, I'm assuming she did because she had crows feet one week, had a couple of weeks off, and now just has smooth cheeks with what looks like ironed-out fold lines.

    If you feel you need to have a face lift to look beautiful or feel good about yourself, no problems (who knows how I'll feel in 20yrs time). Hopefully it was to make her happy and not to please her bogan (I'm assuming again here, but it's a pretty safe bet) husband. And hopefully it did make her happy. But obviously not enough or not for long enough. Who would have know that one keeps ageing evena fter a facelift? Damn that time passing business.

    A couple of weeks ago this woman was off work for a week and then came back with a very puffy face. This was no allergic reaction to a facial, as someone tried to tell me when I tried to subtly ask what was wrong with her face. She had little red marks each side of her eye that looked like injection sites to me - the woman has had botox. Mmm, botulistic...

    It just seems so weird to me to think that paralysing facial muscles using a botulism toxin is a good idea. Was bemuses me most of all is that actors seem to invest heavily in it - the stuff stops your face from being able to move or convey any expression, possibly an important part of acting? Good old 'bat face' Kidman springs to mind.

    And then, there's Natalie Bassingthwaite.

    So, in my opinion she is just a bit crap. Totally my opinion. I'm sure other people think she is lovely and great.

    She was a dreadful host on 'So you think you can dance' but I think that is mostly due to having such an insincere face - everything she said seemed fake because her face stayed still, which I'm attributing to botox. The woman's face barely changes when she talks. Plus I reckon her left eye (so the one on the right in the pics) is a bit droopy. Which I think is suspicious.

    How much do you want to bet that in 20yrs time I'll be the queen of making myself look younger?

    Not likely, but you never know!


    OK, mini bitch over. And out.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment



    << Home