Where the Grass is Greener

    follow me on Twitter

    06 May 2008

    Winter has arrived

    And fuck me if it isn't getting cold. As one would rightly expect. The dogs have been sporting rather cute doggie jumpers that husband's sister knitted for them for Christmas. Not sure if they like them, but they haven't torn them off or chewed them, so I'm taking it as a good sign.

    Beans has once again taken to laying over the heater vents, although I found him hiding under the pile of doggie bedding I'd shoved together when vacuuming the other day.*

    I've proudly knitted husband a rather lovely beanie which I think he looks very spunky in. I've been looking at my colleciton of random wools trying to think what I can start making for myself, but then I look at my coat rack which is full of beanies and scarves I've knitted that I don't often wear. Perhaps I need to give them away and start anew?

    One bad thing with thecold is that it is really starting to put me off getting up at six in the morning to go walking with HP. As if getting up at 6am wasn't punishment enough! However I'm sure it is doing me good - I'm starving hungry by 12pm because my metabolism has gotten a good kick start. My knee has been playing silly buggers, but apparently that's my fault for refusing to do exercises I was supposed to (do care of a physio) when I was in yr6. Damn my parentals for letting me make my own decisions in life and giving me responsibility and trust!

    But the worst thing about it getting cold is that people are getting sick. Unfortunately I work with people - well, children mostly - and when they get sick, I get sick. Lucky me had laryngitis last week when little sister** Nellstar was in town for a visit.

    We bravely soldiered on, bought new Cons each (mine have ladybugs - so cute!), tried on hats at Scally andTrombone and did enough shopping at Dangerfield to satisfy any young woman sporting a skull, star and wings tattoo (not me, the sister). We vegged out on the couch, watched movies, had a lovely crafternoon, drank lots of tea and talked about boys (and how lovely they'll be in Edinburgh and wouldn't it be nice of her to bring one back).She obviously practices 'blue steel' far more than me - hers is way too convincing.

    Anyway, we had a lovely week, which I treasured greatly.

    I had a little cry at the airport when I realised I probably wouldn't see her before she jets off around the world in June for four months. Although I've survived stretches of four months without seeing family since we moved south of the border, somehow knowing she isn't going to be in the same country makes it a bit harder. It's also knowing she'll be having a fabulous time doing something I'll probably not get to experience!

    Well, all I can say is she'd better come back with a Scottish boy in tow, or my missing her will be all for nothing. So there.

    Still feeling croaky this week, but I've still carried on the good name of science and have been presenting science shows (much to my joy). Can't wait for the weekend!


    -------------------

    * you heard it here first - I vacuumed the house. the domestic goddess is not dead yet!

    ** the biological one, not the mentoring one

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment



    << Home