Where the Grass is Greener

    follow me on Twitter

    07 May 2007

    King's Park & UWA

    We had a lovely morning tea at King's Park one morning (cakes from Ahbi's Bakery in Freo) and laid around in the sun, and among other things, talked about inappropriate names for babies based on their last names. This then somehow turned into a game of 'make up the worst nickname for each other based on the word fuck'.*



    We had a lovely, leisurely stroll through the park, and were followed by some Dutch backpackers for a bit who kept talking about how much you would get charged in Holland to walk around a park like this.




    Again, this is one of those places I know I spent a lot of time in as a child. I have vague memories of King's Park, but I think they are mostly based on photographs and home movies rather than actual memories.




    The shop held many beautiful and expensive treats, and Lan purchased some lovely earrings of which we were all terribly jealous.



    We headed off for home and drove past two of my old residences, in the photo below (King's Park is on the left).

    The first place I ever lived was on ressies at the University of WA, where my dad was working when my parentals moved to Perth. We then moved to the suburb of Hollywood, which is conveniently on the right hand side of the road in the photo. My dad tells me that the little street on the the right, just past the white car in front of us on the road, is the street we lived on. I'm pretty sure my memories of the flat and its little garden are of the real variety (as opposed to photo induced).



    _________________________

    *On the following day we christened the hire car 'Fuckarella' or 'Ella' for short.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment



    << Home