Where the Grass is Greener

    follow me on Twitter

    12 November 2007

    Christmas Uninspirationness

    I was getting myself geared up to do some Christmas shopping today, but it hasn't really gone to plan. I was going to come back today with loads of presents and inspiration and ideas for what I would like for myself.

    BUT

    I came home with wrapping paper (good start, at least it is for Christmas) and rugs for home from Ikea, Swedish beer also from Ikea, a $1 hot dog (good old Ikea), rope toys for the dogs (go team Reject Shop!), some pumpkin and potatoes. I also came home with an overwhelming feeling of dread and total uninspirationness (so totally a word).

    I think the problem lay in the fact that I was shopping in a mall - not the most inspiring of places when it comes to buying unique gifts.

    And I couldn't help but go to Ikea - I was in Richmond and kind of accidentally tripped over and my car fell into a parking spot at Ikea and then I felt sort of obliged to go in...

    Tomorrow I shall adventure beyond the mall and head into Fitzroy I think.
    The difficulty this Christmas is that everything will need to fit into a suitcase to fly to Berra, and all of my millions of presents (hint hint) will need to go back in same suitcase. So be prepared to receive small, flat items this year people!


    On another note - I also came home with pamphlets and an appointment at the bank for tomorrow about home loans. So that is exciting. But also worrying.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment



    << Home