Where the Grass is Greener

    follow me on Twitter

    10 November 2007

    Where did the year go?

    The other day a had that little thought one has about this time every year - "I should really start my Christmas shopping early this year."

    I then felt good about myself for remembering to think that.

    A few days later, when of course I hadn't yet started my shopping, I realised that in all likelihood this wasn't going to happen. I looked at what remaining weekends were left of the year and what I'd be doing on those weekends and found that I probably won't have time to shop until mid-December. So not really the 'early' I was hoping for.

    I'm working this weekend, so might be a good girl and shop on Monday and Tuesday. Although how am I going to get presents to Canberra? I might have to borrow a large suitcase and fill it with pressies, leaving room for only my swimmers and maybe a spare pair of undies.

    Where the hell has the year gone? And why is the rest of it quickly evaporating?

    Suddenly husband and I were celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary with two bottles of Moet (we figure it should be one for each year, we may need help when we get to our 5th year). Lovely meal of Cafe La again as per last year (why break with tradition?) followed by cocktails in the Atrium Bar. I was so drunk I was speaking in a French accent, but had a marvellous time!

    This week I did a segment for a kids science show on Ten called Scope. So watch out at 4pm on New Years Eve and watch me crap on about what a solar year is. It was a lot of fun actually. The cameraman said he was impressed that I could remember a whole sentence. Apparently weathermen and reporters can't. Not really sure how challenging it could possibly be, but then I suppose I'm used to learning science shows.

    Rehearsals are going to start picking up for the Singing Office finals, so I've got These Boots stuck in my head again. Can I get a suee? Can I get a yeehah? Have got QKC girls dropping in for the finals weekend and a certain Brisvegans birthday.

    Have got my very own Judges Associate coming to stay next weekend and have commiseratory (is that a word?) drinks over a boy, possibly go to the Speigl Tent for a burlesque show.

    Husband is MC-ing the Games Connect conference again this year, although it is in Melbs so no free trip to Brisvegas for us this year.

    Will be having a flying visit to the Berra for work and for a certain little brother's Emo themed birthday in a couple of weeks. Slightly scared about going back to Q. Feeling very weird about it, but not sure why.

    Anyways, gotta turn on the Planetarium before the punters arrive...

    2 Comments:

    • SUEEE!

      YEEHAH!

      How's that?

      Can't wait!

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:13 am  

    • YeehahYeehahYeehahYeehahYeehahYeehahYeehahYeehah

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:14 pm  

    Post a Comment



    << Home