Where the Grass is Greener

    follow me on Twitter

    17 July 2006

    I have the same taste in movies as a four year old

    In an in depth discussion with a four year old on Saturday night (who I think is my second cousin once removed) I discovered that yes, I own the same movies as he does. We had great discussions about Pirates of the Caribbean, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc and Spiderman(to name a few) during which I received many looks of exasperation if I didn't know or remember as much about them as he did. Shamefully we both also own a Bob the Builder CD.*

    Then he wanted to play Justice League with me, so I said I wanted to be Superman (he wanted to be Flash or Green Lantern, pah! as if you'd be them!). But he wouldn't let me be Superman, because I'm a girl. When I said I wanted to be Homer Simpson, I got the double rolling of the eyes because a) Homer Simpson isn't in Justice League and b) I'm a girl. When I pointed out that Homer sometimes dressed up as a girl he said that although this was true, it was because he was a boy pretending to be a girl.

    When we couldn't agree that this logic worked in reverse, I decided I would have to finish my wine before we played Justice League as there were obviously too many rules I weren't aware of and I thought more wine might help the conversation flow (or at least my side of it). I soon got in trouble for drinking too slowly - I never thought I'd suffer peer pressure from someone twenty one years my younger, but there you go.

    What did I learn? Never try to argue with a four year old or people might think you are one yourself.


    --------------
    *Mine is Bob the Builder does Mambo No. 5, and no, I can't justify its purchase, and yes, I will just have to wear the shame.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment



    << Home