Where the Grass is Greener

    follow me on Twitter

    31 August 2006

    WordCount Poetry

    There is a great site WordCount which is an experiment in the way we use language by showing the top 86,800 words we use in order of commonality.

    Now it's time for WordCount Poetry! My favourite one is when you look up 'america' you get "america ensure oil opportunity".

    I love typing in names - there's "murphy sleeve portable brains" for example.

    I also type in really random words to try to get one that is as close to the end as possible.

    My competitive streak also makes me try to see whose names I beat in terms of commonality. "Miff' does not appear, and neither does "Alby", but "Sherd" and "Lan" totally make appearances.

    6 Comments:

    • hoorah for us non-commonalities!

      I gotta find out what it says about Sherd & Lan, I hope it's juicy...

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:26 pm  

    • I can't access the site Miffsta. What does it say about me? Is it that I'm cool? Is it?

      By Blogger Sherd, at 1:44 pm  

    • "Sherd castors condolence mantua"

      you are very special.

      By Blogger Miff, at 2:02 pm  

    • I take this to mean that I attach useful ikea-style wheels to 18th century funeral dresses.

      = I am cool.

      Thanks. Been nice knowing you. Have your people talk to my people and maybe we can catch up.

      (jeez, recycled much?)

      By Blogger Sherd, at 11:33 pm  

    • "Lan redwood chained scooped"

      Some sort of political or environmental message in there?

      By Blogger Miff, at 8:39 am  

    • ooh! "mike manufacturing nation channel" ...feels almost productive.

      Or maybe it's a reflection of my view that all Australians should be treated the same and we should do away with State governments.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:38 pm  

    Post a Comment



    << Home