Where the Grass is Greener

    follow me on Twitter

    14 August 2006

    The End of the Domestic Goddess?

    Yes, the end of my brilliant career as a Domestic Goddess is coming to a close. I have been offered a job and am due to start next Wednesday. I may have to shed a few tears on Tuesday evening in recognition of the end of this exciting period in my life.*

    Things to be done before the Domestic Goddess relinquishes her powers (or at least minimises them, I have a feeling there will still be cleaning etc to be done):
    1. Really really finish unpacking things in my 'Boudoir'.
    2. Move the still packed boxes near the back door (I think they are all comics) into our quasi storage room next to the laundry. These are the boxes that are destined to not be looked at until we move again. In fact, some of them are in the same boxes from when we moved last time.
    3. Stop picking lemons from our lemon trees. Even though it makes me feel like I'm a Botanical Goddess I really don't have anywhere to put them and have given away a few bags to relatives already. I also have two plastic bags of lemons in our deep freezer with which I plan to make lemon sorbet in my ice cream maker in Summer.
    4. Find homes for all the crap I can't throw out but have no idea where to put.
    5. Unpack some of the cardboard boxes in husband's studio. He loves when I meddle in his stuff.
    6. Address my Queer Eye and Oprah addiction by watching it every day this week.
    7. Sleep in - won't get much of a chance after next week.

    I will also be mentally preparing myself to move into my next worldly manifestation - that of Office Goddess.


    -------------
    * These may or may not be tears of joy...

    1 Comments:

    • Yay for gainful employment! I bet they are peeing in their collective pants to be getting someone as good as you. This is also helping my plan to never have to pay to get into any cultural institution in Australia. Science centres, tick. Zoos, tick. Now someone just needs to get a job in an art gallery and we're sorted.

      By Blogger Sherd, at 1:10 pm  

    Post a Comment



    << Home