Where the Grass is Greener

    follow me on Twitter

    06 September 2006

    Well Earned Weekend

    After my seven days straight at work, Monday and Tuesday were warmly welcomed as the new version of a weekend. With 12hours of sleep to fuel my day I was feeling fine!

    It was a little strange though - because husband wasn't home and it was a weekday I felt like I was back in hte good ol' days of unemployment (which actually I really enjoyed, except for the no money part and the not meeting new people thing) that was three weeks ago.

    I had one of those moments where I forget major things and then have an 'oh yeah...' moment as I remember it. For example - Sometimes I forget I'm living in Melbourne and wake up at night sometimes thinking that I'm in Canberra. Very disorienting feeling.

    On Monday I forgot that I actually have a job now and that my relaxed state was only going to last for two days. The sucky part of this 'oh yeah' moment was that I relaised I would have to do loads of laundry so that I would have clothes, and more importantly underwear, to wear to work.

    Also the house was filthy because husband and I had both been working over the weekend - the dust bunnies were reaching maturity and having litters of their own. So out came the vacuum. Which is a little bit broke, so making the less-than-joyous task, a less-than-less-than-joyous task.

    I trudged through, and thought about how un-exciting house work is (not that I was likely to forget this) but knew I would be rewarded with an afternoon of tea drinking, trashy TV and knitting.

    So now I'm back at work, vaguely wishing I was at home, even though I know home actually contains dishes to wash and still more laundry. The good thing about the seven day week I've just had is that it is followed by a two day week - so I have two days off from tomorrow.

    This will be devoted to reading the latest Phryne Fisher novel, which will no doubt influence a trip to St Kilda on Saturday (which is where the books are set) the drinking of several cocktails, walking around the house in an exotic dressing gown (probably not my red polar fleece one) and going to gorgeous restaurants to eat lovely food.

    It may also induce me to take a Chinese lover, but somehow I don't think husband would be encouraging of this.

    2 Comments:

    • hurrah! You survived! Well done etc.

      When I come there can we go to St Kilda? And can we go to Carlton? What about Fitzroy? Or Essendon? Do you think anyone will notice that my only knowledge of Melbourne suburbs comes from football team names? Is that a bad thing?

      Summer is mostly here, which means I shall have to move from the navy blue, bits trailing off, old terry-towelling dressing gown to a lighter one. I am thinking of breaking out one of the many kimonos (well, three) I own and using that - they may as well go to some use, right? Please don't tell my mum.

      By Blogger Sherd, at 10:15 am  

    • ps I hate vacuuming a lot.

      By Blogger Sherd, at 10:25 am  

    Post a Comment



    << Home