Where the Grass is Greener

    follow me on Twitter

    26 March 2007

    I beat the hangover!

    Held a small party at home on Saturday night with the girls from work (as one is going OS for 3mths) at which I drank the better part of three bottles of champers.

    Husband did a marvellous job of being Host with the Most as he checked everyone always had enough to drink, cooked us a BBQ dinner and did dishes so that we'd have a head start on them the next day. He was brilliant. And I soon became the centre of a room full of girls who now 'wanted one of those for Christmas' - including the one who prefers women.

    There was much gushing about the loveliness of our house, and much giggling at the smallness of my dogs.

    Then I suggested we play dance mat games on the X-Box, which brought much laughter, sweat and tears (due to laughter, not pain). When we'd exhausted that, out came the karaoke. Yes - for me it was a perfect night. Not sure how my neighbours felt about it though. Although because we started early (4pm) we finished up by 10.30pm, so things weren't that bad.

    I drank about six glasses of water and took some panadol before going to bed and was pleased to wake up hangover free! Yay!

    The whole thing was especially nice because it felt right, and nice, and like I was at home. It also brought to mind all the lovely gatherings we've hosted over the years, particularly in Watson.

    2 Comments:

    • no hangover??? after the better part of 3 bottles?? Damn you Miff, I would have felt like death warmed up. Maybe if I got one of them for christmas that would help...

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:57 pm  

    • The early finish is good for the no hangover.

      3 bottles though. Jeez. I woulda thrown up in my shoe if I drank that much.

      By Blogger Sherd, at 10:03 pm  

    Post a Comment



    << Home