Where the Grass is Greener

    follow me on Twitter

    08 December 2007

    G is for Greedy

    I think from now on there should be a ban on anyone dying, or if that isn't possible, no more wills. Or something.

    It seems to me that perfectly happy families can have the most outrageous and serious fall-outs when someone dies. Secrets come out, people begin to associate material objects as a measure for love/relationship strength (myself included), greed and theft is discovered...

    Suffice to say husband has not had a pleasant week with the passing of a family member, and consequently, neither have I. We've had numerous moments of shock, disbelief, and more than one rant about the craziness and greediness of people. Secrets will out, and people expose themselves as unthinking and stupid, so much so that they then can't bring themselves to attend their own mothers funeral as it would mean facing up to their actions.

    Almost everyone has a story about a family fall-out following a death. I've always found it very easy to 'pooh-pooh' these situations - how could you possibly be that angry with someone who you love (and share your genes with) over something as trivial as money and objects?

    My experiences over the last couple of years has shown that there really is a darker underbelly that lurks, waiting to inherit... and all this time I just thought I had a nice tan going on.



    Don't you love being at work on a weekend?

    1 Comments:

    • To err is human, humans are only a very small step away from being very stupid animals.
      I guess you get to see a lot in people under those situations, and not all of it's good.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:56 pm  

    Post a Comment



    << Home