Where the Grass is Greener

    follow me on Twitter

    21 July 2006

    My Rights as a Domestic Goddess

    Today I finally completed and sent off the last of my homework for my Cert IV in Training and Assessment. Yippeeeeee!!!! Now I can spend the afternoon reading in the sun, absolutely guilt free.

    Hmm, wait...no... ah, there it is, Domestic Goddess guilt setting in. What I should be doing is some tidying and cleaning as one of husband's work mates is coming around tomorrow. But the house is so cold today, and the sun is actually out in Melbourne! The house is cold because we haven't quite worked out how the central heating works. Or rather, we think we do, and then it doesn't come on when we think it will. It would make a lot more sense if there was just and 'on/off' button with a little temperature dial.

    I'm sure that it is my right to work in a comfortable environment, isn't it? Isn't it? I shouldn't have to tidy in the cold! It just isn't right! And washing dishes while standing on a cold floor must contravene some OH&S regulation, I'm sure of it.

    Perhaps I should have a mini demonstration by cooking myself a nice warming laksa for lunch? Although a demonstration means I need to have a chant. Thinking back to the few mild demonstrations I have been to (unwillingly in the case of just walking through the ANU union court trying to get to a lecture)...

    The Domestic Goddess
    United
    Will never clean the house!
    (unless we can maybe work out the central heating)

    Hmm, not very snappy. Perhaps more along the lines of...

    Hey hey
    Ho ho
    Cleaning in the cold has go to go!

    Mind you if I have a public demonstration, or even just a private one, I'm sure someone will kindly point out that it is also my right to work in a clean environment, but that I'm the one that's got to clean it!

    Bloody Howard. I'm sure its his fault.

    2 Comments:

    • That’s why moccasins are so popular in Melbourne, the rest of Australia has the ugg boot, and they went “get stuffed lets use native American footwear so we look windswept and interesting”
      Mind you that fashion accessory is kind of let down by the Flannel shirt and tracky dacks.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:02 pm  

    • Is there a separate union for domestic goddesses our would you just be in the Miso's?

      By Blogger Sherd, at 4:07 pm  

    Post a Comment



    << Home