Where the Grass is Greener

    follow me on Twitter

    18 September 2006

    Mild Monday Panic

    I'm about to perform my first lightning room show and am having mild attack of nerves. eeeekkk! Haven't rehearsed since last Wednesday when I did my mock show, as on Thursday I had a migraine, Friday was busy with holiday set up and weekend has been spent entertaining the parentals.

    The worry is that people are paying to see it - PAYING!

    At least if I fuck it up at 10am I'll have a chance to redeem myself at 12pm.

    Oh bother.

    3 Comments:

    • OK, I'll bite. What's a "lightning room show"?

      And how did it go?

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:50 pm  

    • Ah, sorry - as part of my job I present science shows. The newewst one I've learnt is about lightning and involves lots of fun props like a Van de Graaff machine (makes your hair stand on end), an Impulse Generator (makes 800,000 volts and zaps a fake building) and a Tesla Coil (makes 2million volts and strikes four mannequins with lightning).

      First show was a little bit lame, but second show went really well!

      I am queen of the Lightning!!!!

      With all the talk of thunder storms it meant I had It's Raining Men stuck in my head all day though.

      By Blogger Miff, at 8:52 am  

    • Thanks, O Queen of the Lightning! Sounds like great fun. Excuse me, though, if I sit in the very back row.

      *crosses legs and worries about the wisdom of trousers with metal zips*

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:20 pm  

    Post a Comment



    << Home