Where the Grass is Greener

    follow me on Twitter

    13 September 2006

    Where are the windscreen washers?

    I haven't come across any windscreen washers in Melbourne yet, but I think I know why.

    In my drive up Bell St (so many traffic lights!) I've noticed a guy who 'works' the stopped traffic for money. However, he provides a much more pleasant experience than the windscreen washers I'm used to in Canberra. This guy is a juggler.

    When the lights change he runs in front of the stopped traffic and does a quick perofrmance, thens collects money. Sort of a morotorists' busker. But unlike busking, he has a captive audience.

    Unfortunately he is never at my lights, so I've only seen him in passing, but what a fun idea! I'm not sure if he makes as much as the window washers - they can guilt you by washing your window even when you've said no.

    I wonder if this idea would work in Canberra? Actually, you'd probably be beaten up by the people who 'own' the various corners. But if you could find somewhere new, would Canberrans buy it?

    3 Comments:

    • I love it! It’s so Melbourne. Definitely not Canberra.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:29 am  

    • I think it's illegal everywhere but the 'berra. There's none here either. Windscreen washers, that is. Not jugglers.

      Although, come to think of it, street theatre is pretty awful...

      *strokes imaginary beard in a thoughtful way*
      *prepares legislation*

      By Blogger Sherd, at 11:47 pm  


    • we have auto window glass replacement issues separately and every aspect has to be taken into consideration – from monitoring a
      chipped or broken glass to a damaged glass with scratches.
      Wherever possible, one should repair the entire windshield for minor damages.


      melbourne windscreen replacement
      melbourne windscreens

      By Blogger Unknown, at 11:07 pm  

    Post a Comment



    << Home