Where the Grass is Greener

    follow me on Twitter

    23 October 2006

    Where did Saturday go?

    I woke up on Saturday at 8:30am with a migraine. Joy. I medicated, had a shower, a cuppa and attempted to feel better. For some reason, just wanting to feel better didn't work and husband sent me back to bed at about 9:30am.

    Next thing I know it is 2:30pm and I still feel like crapola. Husband kindly brought me more drugs, scrambled eggs and a cup of tea. I had another shower (because my hair was standing up on end) and again tried to feel better. Again, this didn't really work.

    Drugs finally kicked in by about 5:30pm when I began to feel like my brain wasn't trying to squish out of my ears anymore. Ahhh.... so much better!

    But now I feel like I've been ripped off! My weekends are very precious (considering I only get two actual weekends off a month) and I really only got a Sunday. I did manage to have some champers and laughs with cousins on Saturday night, and Sunday saw an early morning full of cleaning in preparation for grand-parentals arriving this week, followed by the purchasing of an X Box 360, followed by husband playing said X Box and me sun bathing reading a Phryne. At least Sunday was a nice relaxed day (except for the cleaning) but I want more, MORE!!!!!

    I really feel like I've lost a day, and it feels really wrong. I'm feeling a little out of whack, and know that I have a seven day working week ahead of me. Bleargh.

    3 Comments:

    • I too want more, especially since I don't feel as nearly as refreshed as I would like for a monday, it's all a bit too hard today.

      Good luck for your 7 day week, my condolences for the total loss of next weekend. xo

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:40 pm  

    • The Boss wouldn't consider a sick leave form for last Saturday? After all, you have to work many Saturdays.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:10 am  

    • Nice idea Mike! I shall have to be creative to get that one happening...

      By Blogger Miff, at 8:54 am  

    Post a Comment



    << Home