Where the Grass is Greener

    follow me on Twitter

    17 May 2007

    How I plan to make my fortune... or not.

    On Monday husband participated in a day of filming for the game show 1 vs 100 (he was down to be one of the 100). They had lots of people to make up the '100' who also make up the audience. He spent most of the day cramped on a too small seat with too little leg room and clapped so much throughout the day that his hands were still red when we got to dinner.

    My grand plan to make lots of money was going to be pimping out husband to various game shows. He knows a lot of stuff. A. Lot. If he doesn't know the answer to a question I get panicky. In the past we've played Trivial Pursuit - my immediate family on one team, husband on the other. He still won. And we cheated.

    His only failing is with pop culture and sport. It was the sporting question that proved to be his downfall on Monday - however he did go home with a shiny Nandos voucher, a less shiny MacDonald's voucher and a pen.

    So not the thousands of dollars we were hoping for, but I am looking forward to upsizing next time we go to Nandos!

    During one of my crossword obsession periods I thought I may be able to make money entering competitions, but there was always one lousy word I couldn't work out. Damn it!

    Why is it that get rich quick schemes just don't work?

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment



    << Home