Where the Grass is Greener

    follow me on Twitter

    19 February 2008

    Proud mum

    I am the proud mother of two small dogs who took their first ever swim on the weekend! So cute! Husband and I drove our dear little rat-dogs to the doggie beach at Brighton for the second time. Last time they had a little paddle, but this time were brave enough to go out of their depth and swim around.

    Now I'm behaving ridiculously like an overly proud parent - which of course I am - I think though my excitement is a little bit over the top. I'm not convinced they were having fun, more that they were trying to follow husband and I, but they seemd pretty willing to swim to us and then turn around and swim back.

    Buster was using her tail for a rudder, but Beans, who must have had his tail docked when he was a pup, seemed to manage OK without.

    Mostly I'm proud of their braveness, but it is quite daunting to think that they trust us enough to be encouraged to come to us when we call* when that is possibly a scary thing for them.

    Buster even put her head under the water to pick up a golf ball. And then sneezed.

    We met lots of other dogs - mostly big water loving ones who gulumphed around wanting pats and trying to steal our ball.

    They both rolled in lots of muddy sea grass, got very sandy, did wee on lots of sand castles (well, anything that was mound shaped) and chased sea gulls, so all in all a very good day.



    ------------------
    * although that begs the question - why don't they come when I call them normally?

    1 Comments:

    • very cute. I'm giggling at my mental image of those tiny little legs going a million miles an hour just trying to paddle those little bodies along.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:08 pm  

    Post a Comment



    << Home