Where the Grass is Greener

    follow me on Twitter

    15 March 2008

    National Sports Museum

    This week I went to a preview of the new National Sports Museum, located at the MCG. I am perhaps not the best person to appreciate the NSM, based on the fact that I don't like sport, but hey, if that's your bag then check it out. Just don't ask the little old man in the MCC exhibition a question or you'll be there for hours!

    The layout was nice, and the lighting was good, but then that's the sort of thing I say when I go to a theatre show that was a bit shit and I don't want to tell the actors they were a bit crap or that I hated the text!

    It is a very museumy-museum - lots of text panels and glass cabinets. I did enjoy the Olympic exhibition, which is apparently one of the largest collections in the world, second only to on in Lucerne.

    An ex-colleague now works there are he took us up to the top of the MCG after the museum viewing (and nice cold beers). Everyone was a bit excited, but again, I was probably not the best person to appreciate it as it seems to be something in the blood of born and bred Melbournians.

    I'd never been to the MCG before even though people keep telling me they will take me to a game of cricket or football (depending on their preference) - I clearly haven't shown enough enthusiasm for them to follow through! What would excite me is being part of such a huge crowd, the sport itself isn't really a draw card.

    Nonetheless, it was interesting to visit, and special to see it completely empty. I just wanted to get down on the field and sing!

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment



    << Home