Where the Grass is Greener

    follow me on Twitter

    12 March 2008

    Miff in Brisvegas - Girl goes to karaoke

    Last weekend I had the pleasure of travelling up north (thankfully on Qantas) for work. It was only the second time I'd been to this fine city (last time was in Dec 06) and managed to snaffle up two days of time from my ever lovely, shoeless, cute flat owning Sherdie.

    Last time the blind date was with the city, this time I had a blind date with a potential new friend (who is moving from Brisvegas to sunny Melbs) and a karaoke room.

    The meeting of new friends is always nice, and much giggling about boys, grumbling about jobs and drinking of beers added to the enjoyment. Certainly a person I'll be happy to see again.

    The karaoke room was an interesting experience - nine people fighting over two microphones drinking beer and wine for three hours and everyone screaming the lyrics at the top of their lungs (not sure why we bothered with the microphones to be honest). Certainly something I'll be happy to experience again.

    I liked the private atmosphere - no one (except one boy who was named 'Vain John' in a Carly Simons burst of song) was too shy to get up or take over, everyone picked songs and some of us (read: Sherdie) shook our booties and blocked the TV screen...

    1 Comments:

    • I'd forgotten about the Vain Jon episode!

      Lovely to see you, sweets. Brisvegas will have you back any time.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:36 pm  

    Post a Comment



    << Home